Coleman-Evcon DGAT070BDA

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Phillip G

I have a Coleman-Evcon DGAT070BDA furnace.

I eventually want to upgrade with 3 TON AC. I understand this furnace is AC ready. Is a upgrade Kit available ?

I have an intermittent FAN "start" problem, which i think is Fan Switch and/or Ignitor (flame sense). I don't want to put a lot of parts into the furnace if its not upgradeable.

I have tested for Carbon Monoxide and Heat Exchanger is OK
(physical check also)

Regards,
Robert

Hi,

Not sure what you're meaning by Upgrade Kit available ?

Being A/C ready means it has blower and controls and is ready to have an a/c system added to it.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Phillip G

Robert,
My Furnace may not be A/C ready.. I do not have a control
circuit Board or diagnostics ( Just Xfmr & Switch in Control Box)
"A" Coil space is available.

I am guessing that I would Need the Following for AC

1. 3 ton "A" coil

2. 3 ton Compressor & lines

3 Control Board Update

What is the availabily & cost for the above (MESA, AZ)

------------------------------------------------------------------
I need the following parts number for my heating issue (its working fine at this time)

1 ea lower limit switch ????????
1 ea Fan Switch (7975-3281)
1 ea Ignitor (1474-052P)

Please provide phone # for ordering parts using credit card

Thanks
Robert

Hi,

It is A/C ready. What type switch are you referring to in control box ?

It has a single speed motor for both heat and a/c. Changing to a 2 - 3 speed motor is better, but would require replacing blower assembly, not just the motor.

We sell the A-Coils, but not the outside Condensers.

Please call toll free between 9A/4P CST to 1-877-263-7860 and ask for Mark. He can take order and explain what is available through us and what is needed for a/c add on.

IF you have a 4-5 wire t-stat, nothing else needed except maybe upgrading the transformer.

IF you have a 2 wire t-stat, will have to see what is in control box now, may need an a/c control box added.

Usually, nothing else needed when a/c ready, unless you wish to upgrade further.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?