Bathroom wall repair

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

homebuff

My son just knocked a hole in the wall w/ the door knob when he opened it too far & need to know a simple repair or just replace the panel all together. I've seen pics here somewhere how to repair a wall. What can I do to fix it? Oh! the knob went clean through the wall & made a good size hole.
I am a certified ford diesel tech, "Retired Now" Ford Parts Department counter man, computer consultant, repairman & programmer
Greg

There are no EASY quick fixs for sheetrock repairs. You could try to find a matching panel to steal from a closet or replace it with a sheetrock panel & paint (or paper) the bathroom. Add a 2x4 wood block at the bottom of the wall to keep the door from hitting again. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
homebuff

Thanks for the tip Greg.
I am a certified ford diesel tech, "Retired Now" Ford Parts Department counter man, computer consultant, repairman & programmer
Furball

You might also get one of those rubber devices that sticks to the wall and prevents the doorknob from hitting the wall. I've seen them fairly large. If it's not large enough, think about something decorative to put around it.