About Sequencer

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Barb P

When repair guy changed sequencer on coleman 3400A812 last month, he made a point of walking back into the room and offering to "get rid of that for you" Totally unnecessary and odd.
Can a sequencer be refurbished, and resold?

I'm asking because air coming up from register, is sometimes hot and sometimes barely warm.
He put in new(?) sequencer at the time, as well as used motor/blower, to replace original that had stopped blowing.
If the sequencer were faulty, would that make the heat element not come on sometimes?
The lower one was not working when he was here. I thought the sequencer was supposed to have fixed that.
Is that the sequencer's job, is what I'm asking.

I am waiting for him to come back and find the problem. In the meantime, many questions swirl thru my head
Thank you for responding.
BarbP
Robert

Hi Barb,

1- No

2- Yes

3- Yes, but not necessararily the only thing involved.

Could be a bad element, limit switch or wiring problem.

I always give replaced parts to customer and off to discard if they wish for me to.

Transformer to T-stat to sequencer= 24 vac low voltage circuit.

Breaker to sequencer to element = 120vac high voltage circuit leg

Breaker to limit switch to element = 120vac high voltage circuit other leg.

BOTH legs combined = 240vac main high voltage circuit.

Transformer, t-stat, sequencer, elements, limits, or breakers plus all involved wiring can cause that.

MOST common is sequencer, followed by limits and breakers if old.

First be sure it gets the power, 120vac to each side to equal 240vac at the elements.

If not, suspect is one of above or a combo of more than one.

If it does, bad element.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?