Intertherm E1EH-015

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

GSimpson2

I have a 10 year old Intertherm furnace that has worked great during its lifetime. It did stop working about 2 years ago, and thanks to this website I found that the problem was a defective sequencer that I ordered and replaced. This winter the furnace stopped working again, doing the same thing: clicking on, the element heats up to a glowing red, then it clicks off. So, I was again ordered a sequencer (621383) and replaced it. The furnace worked fine again until last week when it stopped again. I thought it was rather fast for a sequencer to go out, ordered two more from this site, just in case one goes out again I can replace it right away. I got the sequencers on Thursday, replaced it, an it worked again. By Friday morning it was not working again. I am thinking there is something else going on, but not sure what it might be.

The furnace goes through its start up, the elements heat up, and then it clicks off--the blower never engages. It then clicks back on, the element heats up, then clicks back off again...

What else could be doing this? Could it be the other sequencer--the 2-Pole Blower Timing (621596)? Or is there something overloading the 1-Pole Aux Timing sequencer I keep replacing?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Robert

Hi Guy,

Moving this over to the Nordyne Forum.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Robert

Hi Guy,

I sent you an email, but you gave a little more info here.

The other sequencer is what controls the blower motor coming on.

It sounds like the problem is the blower motor not starting, the furnace heats up and limits kick it off.

Then it cools and tries again.

This could be the other sequencer, the blower motor, a run capacitor or a blower relay if you have a/c also.

I would suspect the other sequencer from experience and not being there.

Only way to know for sure would be to test each component thoroughly as it happens.

Could even be the t-stat intermittantly opening the circuit.

The other sequencer is now Sequencer # 621696 and can be found on left side here:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanElec.html

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?