EB17B throwing breaker in main panel

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

bewildered

I am having a problem with a EB17B throwing breaker in main electrical panel. When I turn off bottom breaker on it runs without any problems. The bottom element looks O.K. , bot when I check w/ amp meter I'm getting a reading of 46 amps. Both breakers on the uint are 60 amp breakers, but the breaker in the homes main panel is only 60 amps. Is there any reason that the mobile home people would :?: have put a 60 amp breaker for the heater in the main panel. Why would this 1 element draw 46 amps?
Robert

What does the data sticker for furnace say the amps should be for that element ?

The main panel is for wiring from panel to furnace and is actual amp overcurrant breaker.

The breakers in furnace are for furnace wiring only and for a way to turn off power.

The amperages will not read what the breaker says.

Look at data sticker to know what it should be pulling.

The furnace breaker is for shorts, it is not an overcurrent breaker and will not trip for that.

If it trips, look for wiring shorts or loose connections, burnt spots.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Angel

Hello,
I'm Angel, and we are going to start doing some remodeling to our DW/home so I am very please that I've found this site.
I maybe bugging you all with my questions, quite regularly..:)

*bumping this thread*
I am having the same problem...all the wiring has been looked over..
I'm at a loss any other suggestions?

Thanks *Burrr*
Robert

Hi Angel,

Please start a new thread if further questions are needed. We try to keep inquiries seperate so nobody gets confused or overlooked.

IF it is the breaker in the main home service panel, call an electrician. It is wiring problem between service panel and furnace.

IF it is a breaker inside furnace and you do not see a problem, call an HVAC Tech.

Electrical problems are very hazardous and need to be resolved quickly by experienced service Techs.

Welcome to our family and we'll help all we can within safe guidelines we abide by.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?