Direct Replacement

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

howard1000

I currently have a Colman 3500-812 and was wondering since this model is no longer available, is there a direct replacement for this furnace. As in will all the wiring just plug into the furnace like it does the old one.
Thank You
Robert

Pretty much, you may have a few slight changes, but for most part, will be fairly similar.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
howard1000

Robert, thanks for the info although you did answer one of my questions, but a few slight changes to you could be a major undertaking for me. I'm assuming its any of the Eb or Eh series Coleman furnaces that would be a direct replacement. Thanks again for you reply.
Howard
Robert

Hi Howard,

Yes, EB or EH . Yours is 12000kw, so any mobile home electric in that kw would work.

Coleman, Nordyne (Intertherm, Miller) Best to stay with same brand for closest to what you now have.

By slight changes, it may be taller, wider, deeper, etc....

Measure it and then get measurements for replacements.

Wiring should be about the same. May be to circuit breakers, now instead of fuses if you have fuses now.

As long as same size as in KW rating, wiring should be close if not exact.

We don't sell furnaces, only parts, but you can find a local dealer and if they sell to public, look at one.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
howard1000

Thanks again Robert. I have measured everything before and all the Colemans i have looked at are exactly the same size give or take a 1/2 in. Thanks again for your help.
Robert

Hi Howard,

You're very welcome. If you stay same brand and kw size, all else won't change much if any and should pose no problems.

Wiring to circuit breakers is same as wiring to disconnect blocks.

Grounding is same.

So mainly a slight physical size difference and maybe a slight change in where something is or how it is mounted.

You should be fine.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert