electric heater fan does not turn off

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Gjviertell

My father-in-law (81 yrs. old) has a Coleman model 6806a732 and the furnace comes on and heats,but when the heating element shuts down the fan continues to run too long. You must turn the circuit breaker off to turn the fan off. Then when thje circuit breaker is turned back on the fan is off until the heater cycles on again and you have to turn the fan off with the c.b again. Any ideas would be apreciated.
Robert

Hi,

It could be a faulty blower relay or a faulty sequencer. Unfortunately, they're both no longer available.

There aren't any replacements listed. A universal type blower relay may work, but can't say without being there.

The sequencer is the one that needs to be same timing sequence and will be hard to replace.

Might could get parts to work by having a HVAC Tech come out and see what's there and do some testing.

Sorry we can't help further.

Thanks for inquiring,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Gjviertell

Thanks for the info. I will take a look at it and see if I can adapt a relay if that is what it appears.
Robert

You're very welcome.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?