coleman/evcon presidential

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

sleepyweasel

I am having the same problem as others have describer...blower on/off/on/off... after the heating cycle.

After reading the recomemdations on the other threads I have decided to replace the fan switch.

My furnace is a model # 7970c856

serial #049275604

Anyone know what the part number is for the switch? thanks in advance, -K.
Robert

Hi,

Fan Switch # 7975-3281

It can be seen and ordered through PayPal from here:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanGas.html

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
sleepyweasel

I replaced the old switch with the one robert listed above(7975-3281 ), now I the furnace doesn't kick on at all(cant hear the burners light, but pilot is lit)???

The new one "fit" but is different in appearance...the old one had a little red "button" on the top, the new one does not...

Is it posible i have it in there reversed or do they work either way?

any help is appreciated, i't about 25 degrees outside right now.thanks, kyle.
sleepyweasel

Now i'm confused, after cleaning up the old part to see the numbers on it(7624-a359) that part is listed as the upper limit switch on the above link greg provided. Did i just replace the upper limit switch with a fan switch? or did i get buy the wrong part?

If i did replace the wrong switch, where about is the fan switch located?

Ok i think i found it, its the one that is labeled "fan switch" :roll:
Robert

You requested a Fan Switch. It is indeed different than the Upper Limit which has the manual reset button.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?