EB17B

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

jmich13049

What is the purpose of the sequencer. I have heard that it determines how many heating elements come on to heat. Mine has a 11.2 kw Element and a 4.8 kw element. When blower turns on we use 16 kw of electricity and both elents are heating and use a lot of electricity. I have turned the breaker off to the 4.8 element and we get about 8 degrees less heat at the registers and it seems to not use as much electricity. Also the sychematic shows that the blower has a Blue wire labeled Med. High Spd, Red wire labeled Heating Spd, Blk wire labeled cooling spd and a yellow wire labeled Med Low Spd. Does it really have different speeds for heating and cooling.
Robert

Hi,

All of the elements come on, the sequencer controls the timing of on and off and also controls the blower coming on/off.

Yes, heating and cooling uses different speeds.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?