Upper Limit Switch

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

freezinginalberta

Hi

My furnace model #DGAA090BDTA

After being without heat for 19 hours and the temperatures plummeting, I finally figured out and bypassed (with help) the Upper limit switch on my furnace.

In reading on here though, it looks like the limit switch quit working due to overheating...which leads me to believe the problem may not be my limit switch at all but something a little more serious...is this a correct assumption?

It is Sunday, I've tried calling furnace repair places, but I live in a secluded area and do not know how long it will take me to find this switch and replace it.

I guess I would also like to know...can bypassing it in the meantime blow the whole place up?
Robert

Hi,

It is usually on side of blower housing or nearby the blower housing.

It opens when the blower fails to come on. IF blower motor has been working fine, then most likely a faulty switch due to weak contacts.

If you replace it and blower fails, it will trip again. If blower is ok, then replacing switch should resolve it.

Bypassing is fine while at home and awake ONLY. You will have to be aware though on whether blower comes on when it should or not.

Not good for not being home or asleep.

If blower fails, would become a hazard.

Tha nks for inquiring,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
freezinginalberta

Thank you so much for the info.

The blower works fine - it would keep coming on when I would reset the furnace, but the spark thingie wouldn't light until I bypassed that switch.

Guess it will be a sleepless night...can't find that switch anywhere today.

Thank you again!!
Robert

Hi,

You're very welcome, happy to help.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Robert

Hi,

Limit Switch # 025-35358-000 is correct Coleman p/n.

You can see it on left side here:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanGas.html

Click on the pic for enlarged view.

Just for info to help locating it locally.

Thanks,
Robert
freezinginalberta

From searching your site, that is the part number I came up with, nice to have confirmation though.

Ya know how it is when a girl goes looking for parts...if I had the wrong Part # they'd all just roll their eyes at me lol

Thanks!!
Robert

You're welcome, now go out there and show 'em, LOL.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert