Clicking switches and unused warm/cool air.

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Geek

Is this normal operation or is something else wrong? I have an EB20B Coleman electric furnace w/AC. This is the fourth heating season for it. Recently I replaced the fan relay(3110-3301) and the sequencer(3120A3571)both ordered from this website, Thank You. This fixed the problem of the heat elements coming on but the fan not always starting(would always run on manual). Since then, before the heat cycle starts, there are 2 very audible clicks then after the cycle ends there are 2-3 very audible clicks, neither were there or not noticable before. These are not duct work creaking. After the cycle completes, checking the furnace body, there seems to be more heat and turning on the fan will give warm air for perhaps a minute(haven't timed it). Fan always runs on one speed even though the schematic says there are 4 speeds(same as before replacing the parts)On AC the fan has always stopped when the compressor stops, leaving unused cool air, the expansion valve continues to "hiss" for a minute or so. We have a Lennox HeatCraft(5 wire) digital thermostat Model #L211201CC, with the following info, HT/1 CL, 18-30VAC, 1.2 amps max, 9831E.
Robert

Hi,

The sequencer clicks at it goes through timed sequences and then again as it reverses.

Not sure if this is what you're hearing or not though.

You can wire in a timed delay relay to keep blower on extra time to expel any unused air. You would need Tech to do it to ensure it is correct and doesn't short out low voltage circuit.

Blower should run on either Low or Med. Low for heat and on high for a/c.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Geek

I am sure it is timed sequence since it is consistent. Near as I can tell the blower runs one speed on either heat or AC, AC may be faster but not by much. The furnace does an excellent job of keeping the house confortable year round. I would like to add a timed delay for the blower though. I have asked furnace people to come look at my furnace. They always ask what brand and type/size it is. When I give then the numbers they look at me sort of strange and ask what is this in. When I tell them a Mobile Home I always get "We don't work on Mobile Homes Furnaces under any circumstances. There are to many safety cutouts to check. It is too time consuming if you can ever find the problem". What does one do then?
Robert

Hi,

Sorry you get those type replies. If they would take the time to really learn their trade, they wouldn't be so afraid of the very similar units to what's used in conventional housing.

Keep trying to find someone who isn't afraid of a MH unit to wire in a timed delay relay or adjustable fan switch to hold blower on an extra few minutes.

Needs to be wired correctly or a short could be a costly mistake.

They cut off at a certain temp to be certain you always get warm air out of registers. If ducts are sealed tight, the residual heat will still make its way into the home from the registers.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?