Coleman EB15B blower not working

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

verycold

Hi,
Our heating elements are heating up but the blower isn't coming on. Any ideas???
Robert

Hi,

Most likely a bad sequencer, if you have a multi-meter you can test it.

In the controls area just above and to the left of elements will be

a blower relay in top left corner, then the sequencer between the

relay and breakers.

At relay, place a meter lead on terminal 5 and the other lead on a

good ground and see if you have 120vac.

If so, post back. If not, go over to sequencer, look at one end of the top terminals on the side to see a stamped M1.

Place one lead on that M2 terminal and other on a good ground.

See if it reads 120vac.. If not, go to other side of that sequencer

and see if M1 reads 120vac to ground.

If so at M1, but not at M2, drop to very bottom and place one lead on one side terminal and other on other side terminal (H1 and H2 printed on metal plate).

See if it reads 24vac (change meter to test for 24-28vac).

IF you have 24-28vac at H1/H2, 120vac at M1 and 0vac at M2,

the sequencer is bad.

Let me know what your tests show or if you would just like to get

a price quote.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
verycold

Thanks! We'll check it out.
Robert

You're very welcome. Those tests are all to be done with a call for heat from t-stat.

That means 240 volts live in there, so be careful.

Set t-stat to Heat-Auto-85* .

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
verycold

Hi,
we checked & it shows 120vac @ the relay
Robert

Go to other side to terminal 6 and do same test, #6 to ground for 120vac.

IF you have a call for heat, 120vac at 5 to ground and 120vac at 6 to ground, then test across 5 and 6.

One lead on each and see if it reads 0vac.

Then post back.

Thanks,
Robert
Robert

Also, because they are sometimes wired from other side, trace wire from 5 and be sure it goes to the sequencer M1 or M2.

If so, continue, if not let me know if the wire from 6 goes to sequencer instead.

Thanks,
Robert
verycold

Sorry for the delay... i had to go to work. My husband didn't know what site i was on and sought out a repair man. they didn't have the exact part so they relaced the relay switch with a white rogers 90-389 184-919 spno/spnc. the blower seems to function now but we'll see. I'm not sure it's putting off heat - it seems to be cold air or very lukewarrm.
Robert

Hi,

Don't have a cross-reference sheet for that part, but by what you stated, I believe that is most likely a blower relay.

You most likely need a sequencer.

You would have to do tests I gave to know for sure or I can give ordering info for sequencer.

Thanks,
Robert
verycold

Will do the remaining tests - We're back to square one. Thanks for the help.
verycold

BTW - my husbands at work so I'll post later. I did just discover that if I shut of the furnace using the circut breakers in the furnace & turn it back on it works.
Robert

Hi,

Will check back one more time late tonight. It could be a loose lug/connection at circuit breaker or a faulty circuit breaker.

Those tests should let you know, need to locate the interruption in the circuit.

Thanks,
Robert