Additions & Heating / Cooling

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

myowneq

Greetings,

I have purchased a double wide that has a 350 sqft addition. However, there was no heating extended into there and a small window unit for cooling.

Here's what I'm thinking. The current location for the heater / blower takes a small chuck out of my closet that will eventually become the master bath. The washer / dryer was moved to the addition and that leaves the old closet empty (approx five foot away from the blowers current location and it's actually closer to the outside compressor.).

I want to consider moving the ac / heater and extending the duct system over to the closet. Use the dryers 240V connection to become the ac/heater 240V. Add some registers to the addition. I'm sure the Nordyne FEHB-015HA will likely need upgraded.

Can ya'll please throw some comments, opinions, and feasibility at this theory? Cost isn't a priority issue. This is one mobile home that isn't mobile anymore. Gonna have to burn it down to get rid of it. :D

Thanks,
Timothy
Robert

Hi,

The furnace is sitting over directly or slightly offset to the trunkline with cross-over connection right under it.

Moving furnace over and running duct back to there will most likely cause problems with getting airflow correctly to crossover.

That will also entail opening belly and running duct.

Then trying to add ducts to the addition will cause further problems.

Best to call out an HVAC Contractor to look it over and advise and they need MH experience.

The furnace would have to be upgraded to compensate for added room.

May can get it done, but will take alot of homework and careful planning if you can indeed do it.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?