adding overhang

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

lar3140

I am going to side mobile in spring but first i would like to have a small overhang i have an old 14x 70 single wide with the metal roof it has the small j channel at the end of roof is thier an easy way to put overhang on.
whty03

I second this post, as I am interested in doing the same thing!
Yanita

Hi,

This is covered in Marks manual that can be purchased in the BOOKS/PARTS link.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
whty03

Thanks Yanita-

I have the book, it just isn't as detailed with the overhangs as it is with everything else (I am going to the overlay roof that he describes in it, but want to add overhangs before I do it). I think he considers it to be a little more difficult than some of the other worked that is discussed in the book, so he didn't go into much detail.
Yanita

Hi,

Could you post your specific questions and maybe we can get some further help here.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
whty03

I'm not sure mine is the same as lar3140's, but I was just curious as to how arc it to match the roof line on a MH with a domed roof. I keep looking at the pictures in the manual and it appears as though he has done it with bowed wood!! I was just curious to see if anyone else has done this, and if so, how they were able to do it.
Greg

I doubt that you could keep the arc the same as the roof with out a lot of work. I would try to incorporate a pitched overhang that in streight rather than arched. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
whty03

Thanks Greg. He made it look so simple in the book!
Greg

It may not be that hard to actually do, it's finding the best way to do it that takes time. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."