continuing blower saga on Coleman Evcon DGAT070BDD

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

chasvez

Well here goes.

My furnace is getting rather annoying but there is a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel....
the furnace heats but I'm worried about the cost of electricity and the wear and tear on the unit so I have to get this fixed for good!

From a previous post https://www.mobilehomerepair.com/phpbb/v ... highlight=

I took a look at the problem of the blower fan always cycling on off and blowing cold air after running heat.
I found that my testing was too inconclusive to be for sure.

I installed a replacement controller into the furnace and bada bing, problem solved or so I thought. The furnace ran great for about three weeks and I actually had trouble sleeping because the house was so quiet now that the fan wasn't running all the time on the furnace. :D Then out of no where it started doing the same thing as last time, EXCEPT now there is no error message for "no call for heat". and it will seem to catch itself much faster than before and stop cycling after about two or three times running.

I also am leery to install the second board if it might be a transformer over volting the board and maybe frying it. And of course the other possibility is the replacement is bad but seems too improbable

I'm flabbergasted. on my furnace model I I see two limit switches, could they be the secret? Could it be my thermostat? I tried a multimeter on them but it's not digital so the seemed to work within their limits but I'm no expert. I also don't see a fan switch so I'm guessing the board controlls all that stuff

Any advice would be appreciated and thanks in advance for your time
for your convenience here is my furnace model
Coleman Evcon DGAT070BDD
also this unit has the blend air 2 system and I am not sure what to test there and not sure what the correct setting on the front are.

Sorry about all the info I threw at you but im trying to give you as much to go on as I can. Any time a tech has been here they the first time cleaned it and the next looked it over real fast and both times the unit didn't act up so they left saying call me if it does it again and here is your bill. How frustrating!!!!

Thanks again
Shaun
Last edited by chasvez on Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robert

Hi Shaun,

Go here for further help if possible:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/Order4b.html

Will be available again tomorrow night.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Robert

Hi Shaun,

Did you ever do the tests I gave you ? If so, what were the results ?

If not, need to do them.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
chasvez

Had you recieved my e-mail?
Havent heard from you if you had recieved it..
have you nay ideas as to what could be causing the issue now that it seems to be working ok for now?
Robert

Hi Shawn,

Haven't received anything, wondered where you went. What's it doing and what did those tests read ?

Thanks,
Robert
chasvez

Sorry been real busy between work and getting the flu on and off
I sent a private e-mail but it must not have made it..
here are the results

the W and C read 24v when when furnace is heating up and valve is energized Neut and Heat is at 0

then when blower kicks on: W and C read 24v and Heat and Neut
is at 120v

then after thermostat is satisfied the blower runs for about 2 min more shuts down and 0vac across W and C and Heat and Neut

The next day after I last spoke to you the furnace has acted fine
the tests above are when the furnace is acting normal.

All I can do at this point is try to catch it when it acts up again and re-test so I guess this could go on a while.

As soon as I have more info I will make another post with the findings but it might be awhile. it acted up yesterday while I was at work and my wife turned it off for the day because it was in the 70's here and when it was turned back on it worked fine.

If it becomes too warm to operate the furnace, it has a the same problem in the summer with the AC so with patience we'll get this sucker pinned down.
Robert

Hi Shaun,

Sounds good, I'll try to study things a bit as well, may be able to speed it up some. Keep an eye on this thread in case I think of something.

Hope you're feeling better, that flu bug is rough, been in my home also.

Intermittant problem and I'm not there, what a worst case scenario, but hey, I love a challenge, LOL.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert