coleman gas furance with heat pump

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

hi, i installed a heat pump on a gas furance using a fossil fuel kit.it has been working fine till today . now when it goes into defrost the furance doesnt lite and of course it blows cold air until defrost is over any thoughts thanks,electricman
Robert

Hi,

Look at wiring diagram for units including the fossil fuel kit and trace circuit from HP during defrost back to furnace.

Sounds like a loose wire or loss of low voltage circuit back to gas valve.

Tracing wires from gas valve backwards could point to it as it is somewhere between the short distances from one to the other.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?

thanks robert for your reply, when checked the unit today it was working ok. so i guess you must be right mabey a losse wire i will let you know when and if it does it again. thanks again i havent been in this line of work very long but thanks to guys like you i am learning sometimes the hard way lol. THANKS AGAIN ,electricman
Robert

Hi,

I remember those days still and occassionally still have them after 28+ years. It is a very rewarding, but very demanding and ever changing trade, so learning will always be a present thought.

Let me know when it hiccups again. Running fingers along wires slightly wiggling them will sometimes locate the problem, but check all connections first.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?