Intertherm motor problem

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

homebuff

:D Mark or Greg ,who ever this pertains to. I have a Intertherm central heat & air gas furness That has a problem w/ the motor stops running at times. It just sits there & humms & I have to take my hand & spin it to get it to start up again & will run for a while. A while back I had put some oil in the small lube holes & it started working for a long time & now its started doing it again this morning. Could it be the motor going out or the starter coil on the side of cage going out? Was going to go to Grainger & pick up a new one but thought I would ask you first. :roll: Thanks for any advice. David!
I am a certified ford diesel tech, "Retired Now" Ford Parts Department counter man, computer consultant, repairman & programmer
homebuff

:) I am having a problem knowing which motor I'm needing. The blower cage # is MBP-80. SER # MG0688-00438. I found 2 motors here 901838 generic $99.00. The other was a bit higher 3902512$219.79. One of these will fit but don't which one. It is a downdraft blower case. The low speed circ. is going out when the heater is on. Will not work properly when the heat is on but works better when the a/c is working. Makes a funny noise when a/c is on though. Capicitor is ok. :)
I am a certified ford diesel tech, "Retired Now" Ford Parts Department counter man, computer consultant, repairman & programmer
Robert

Hi,

I'm not Mark or Greg, but maybe I'll do.

What is the furnace model number ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
homebuff

:) Thanks Robert for being so kind in helping me. The model # is MGH-055-ABWN-01. Appliance # F0000056768 if this one matters. I need to get this thing fixed before that hot old summer hits. Thanks again David! 8)
Robert

Hi David,

Blower Motor # 620699 @ $286.00 + $12.00 shipping .

Will need a Run Capacitor also, unsure of p/n, but will be approx.

$10 for it.

If interested, please call toll free after 9 AM CST to 1-877-263-7860

and charge to Visa or Mastercard or have a PayPal Invoice sent to

you for payment.

Thanks for inquiring,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
homebuff

Thanks Robert for that # but it is a little steep for my pocket book. It did help in searching for a motor though. Alot cheaper & appears to be a Nordyne brand motor. Can't seem to find one though that is a downdraft type just lists a (Air Over), what ever that means. 1/3 hp 115 volt 60hz. It has a 3 arm assy. brkt. that attaches the motor to the cage. Thanks again for that info.
Robert

What type mounting does your motor use ? Can you take a pic of the mounting set up ?

Also, give details of motor as in size diameter, shaft length .

You can't just go with any motor, it has to be compatible in hp, volts, amps, rpm's, size, be downflow and meet mobile home specs for static pressure.

Thanks,
Robert
homebuff

:) Well Robert, If I could remember how to upload the pics I would. The measurements are Length 4 1/2" & diam. is 5 5/8". It has 3 flat brkts that attach the motor to the cage just like the one on the main forum page at the top right that is the HVAC heading. Can't really get a good pic cause it is so dark in there. If you need a measurement of the shaft I will be happy to remove the cage & let you know. Maybe you can direct me to the link on how to upload my pics. Thanks again. David! :wink:
homebuff

:oops: Oops! Robert I posted this on the wrong posting. It is a Intertherm unit but says it is capatible w/ a Coleman unit. In other words some of the parts will fit on both brands. :)
Robert

What is the rpms of your motor ?

Thanks,
Robert
homebuff

:) Ok! Robert heres the info. you need. Lear Siegler blower assy. Model # MPP-80. Ser # MG0688-00438. The motor maker is a Magnetek Universal Electric. (Ser #1ZB52426A ) ( Model #HE3H209N) & some more #'s beside that read (104921000). The elec. specs are (113 V-60HZ) (7.87 Amps) (1080RPM's) The capacitor is a (10MFD 370 VAC). This should help help you very much. Do not need the cage assy. though. I know the trick is when I get a motor is wiring it up. Thanks again & let me know something. David! :wink: Note: Maybe if the gov. gives us some money back on that program their offering I can get the motor you have listed. :wink:
Robert

Hi David,

Just now getting to read this, will see if we can get one compatible for a lesser price.

Will let you know today or Thursday at latest.

Thanks,
Robert
homebuff

:D Thanks again for trying to help out this poor ol' boy. Have a nice upcoming weekend. :)
Robert

Mark and I will be getting together tonight to exchange info and see if we can find a cheaper motor for you.

I believe we can with the needed info you supplied, so will get back with you by Friday evening with good news hopefully.

You have a great and blessed upcoming weekend as well. Thanks.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
homebuff

:) :D Thank you both very much. As long as I use the a/c the high speed works fine. I don't think i'll be using the heater anymore this summer. LOL. I will be looking forward to your reply on Fri. One last question. Some years back I had to boost the pilot light flame a bit so It would not go out in windy conditions. Ever since that when the heat is on auto the fan comes on for about 6-8 seconds & then goes off. I'm assuming this has something to do w/ exspelling the built up heat the pilot light generates & has to expell it at times. Is this a normal condition? I did'nt turn it up real high, just a few clicks. Once again thanks. david! :)