Heat problems with a Coleman EB15B

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

McGrew

I have a Coleman EB15B Heat and AC unit. It has worked fine for 4 years but recently the heat has been coming on and off. There is a clicking noise and the heating elements heat up and then there is another click and they turn off. The unit keeps doing this ever two to three minutes. I have tried turning the unit off at the thermostat, but it still does it in A/C, heating, and in off mode. Does anyone know what my problem could be?
Robert

Hi,

Most likely a stuck sequencer, which can be seen and ordered through PayPal from right side of page here:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanElec.html

Sequencer # 3115-3571 @ $39.99 + $6.75 shipping .

Or call toll free after 9 AM CST to 1-877-263-7860 to order.

Let me know if ordering from outside the U.S. .

Thanks for inquiring,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
McGrew

I just ordered the part.

Thanks,
Robert

Hi,

Thanks, we appreciate it. IF that does not take care of it, there are a couple of things less common that could cause it.

However, the sequencer is most often the reason for that with stuck contacts and the limit opens and closes cutting on and off as it overheats furnace.

Most likely the 2nd or 3rd element contacts, as those would not have blower motor coming on if they stick.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?