Heater failure DGAA056BDTA

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

debiss

Help! I have a park model mobile home with a Coleman furnance Model DGAA056BDTA (SERIAL#00924754). The unit provides heat and air conditioning. The AC works just fine. My heating system will go thru proper sequence: glow plug ignites gas (propane), gas goes on, units warms, blower comes on and blower "blows out the gas" and unit goes into error code. I had a service tech look at the units and after 30 minutes could not provide diagnotics. I replaces upper and lower temp switches in desperation. What's up here??
The blower seems to be the culprit. Blowers seems to come on too early. Perhaps something wrong in the chamber?? Help again!
DEB
Robert

Hi Deb,

Could be the ignitor, roof-jack, combustion air, gas valve to name a few.

There is set sequences and timings of each and ofton the timing just coincides with the blower coming on at the set time it is supposed to.

Will need someone experienced in MH units to troubleshoot it and locate the problem.

What does the error code say ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
debiss

Robert, I will confirm the error code Saturday however can you tell me what you mean by "roof-jack". I am of the opinion the ignitor is ok as well as the gas valve. I suspect the combustion air or blockage in the chamber??? Thoughts? thanks
Robert

Hi,

Could be any of those listed, test before ruling out.

Roof-Jack is the flue vent piping from furnace to and through roof which vents furnace gases and brings in combustion air.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?