Coleman/Evcon EB23B spare parts

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

lgolson

I have a coleman/evcon model EB23B electric heater in my home. Last week the furnace would heat but the blower would not start. I shut off all the breakers and returned the next day to troubleshoot. Turned the power back on and checked the relay to the blower. Don't know if it was just a "fluke" but the blower started as soon as I touched the meter lead to the relay and has been fine since. I live in an isolated area and to get service or parts on a short notice is impossible. What I would like to do is put together a spare parts kit for this furnace. I'm thinking,

blower relay
sequencer
transformer

I'm not sure if I should have a blower capacitor, blower motor and maybe a spare element or two. I want to be able to fix this thing if it goes down during our long cold winters. Bottom line is I need some recommendations on what I should keep for spares and part numbers to place an order. Also would be handy to have some kind of troubleshooting procedure since I have limited experience with this. Any advice would be appreciated.
Robert

Hi,

In order to be totally prepared for any/all breakdowns, you would need all components of that system.

When you order from us, normal delivery is 2-3 days, but we can do overnight for added shipping cost.

Blower Motor
Run Capacitor
Sequencer
Blower Relay
Transformer
High Heat Wire
High Heat Terminals
Elements
Limits

Do you have a/c as well as heating ?

Will give prices for each tomorrow after you reply back.

For troubleshooting, can give basic info at time needed or for a $20 fee at that time, can give one on one email troubleshooting steps to find problem at that time.

Thanks for inquiring,
Robert
Last edited by Robert on Thu May 15, 2008 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
lgolson

Robert,
Very impressed with this forum! Thanks for the quick response. No, I do not have AC.
Lonnie
Robert

Hi Lonnie,

Blower Motor # 1468-243P/A @ $137.48

Run Cap # 1499-4461 @ $7.89

OR

Generic Blower Motor (Good, just not OEM)# S89-094 @ $99.00

Run Cap # G21-891 @ $5.89

Blower Relay # 3110-3301 @ $27.14

Heating Element # 3500-411P/A @ $121.00

Heating Element # 3500-412P/A @ 111.11

Transformer # 3300-3861 @ $20.25

Sequencer # 3120A3571 @ $50.64

Circuit Breakers (2) # 3500-377P/A @ $47.61 each

Limits (4) # 7142-3091 @ $13.54 each

If the cost of all of this plus the wire and terminals is a problem, here is a tip to help somewhat:

Order the 3500-411P/A element only because it is a 10.4 KW . IF that one goes bad you have replacement.

IF the other one goes bad, because it is bigger KW, that smaller one could be used while you awaited correct one to arrive in a COLD situation.

Also, you have 4 limits, all the same, so order 2 as that is usually enough and if you use one or both, replace immediately with new stock.

Rare to need more than two at a time.

All the above can be seen and ordered through PayPal here:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanElec.html

Here's the link to wire and terminals:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/FurnaceElec.html

You would need 10 Gauge Wire and match terminal to what you have now.

With a large order, may be easier to order by phone. That can be

done by calling toll free after 9 AM CST Mon thru Fri to

1-877-263-7860 and charging to Visa or Mastercard or have a

PayPal Invoice sent to you for payment .

Shipping somewhere between $68 and $93 approx.

Take care and best wishes.

Thanks for allowing us to assist you,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?