Buckling seams in drywall

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Rosemary

I have yr 2000, single-wide Clayton. No overhang on roof, just original metal roof with cheap gutters. When it rains, I see that the water pours straight down on windows. Hallway walls are buckeling out slightly where the strips between drywall pieces used to be. Could the walls be wet inside? If so, will they need to be replaced? Is it likely that the seam in the metal roof is leaking near the edge? Can these be sealed? What should I do on small budget? Thanks
Dean2

Before fixing the interior be sure the exterior is fixed and not leaking,if that means taking off or cutting into an interior wall panel then that's what it takes. After the exterior is done then the interior can be looked to...Some folks are scared to death of mold and some folks don't give a rats behind if it is contained in a stud cavity and not visible. If the sheetrock is soft n mushy it probably has to go.

Job-1 is find and stop leaks.
Greg

Dean is right, do a close inspection. I would start outside in that area, if anything looks suspicious treat it as a leak. Check the sheetrock, if it is soft or damp open it up and get a good look. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."