Coleman Evcon DGAT056BDD

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

whitewa

Recently my furnace has started to be really loud. It is coming from the blower assembly. I went and cleaned everything really good, but the odd thing about it is the assembly is only noisy when the wheel is installed on the motor. The electric motor doesn't make any noise. I also read on your site that the wheel has balancer clips on it could this cause the noise as well? My wheel seems to only have 1 clip on it. Any information on what would make this thing so loud would be great.

thanks

Bill White
Robert

Hi Bill,

Could be the wheel out of balance, but rare to lose a balancer clip without doing anything to motor/wheel.

Can have one or more, so not sure if any are missing.

Wheel would wobble and be somewhat noticeable if out of balance.

If so, wheel would need replacing as the clips are installed during balancing of wheel at factory.

You can remove blower assembly and straight wire with a cord to test outside of furnace for better visual and audio inspection.

What type of noise is it exactly ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
whitewa

its a loud vibration type noise it actually shakes my house a bit when the furnace runs. I am not ruling out the motor by any means when it didn't have the wheel though and I spun the motor it didn't make any noise, but with wheel on it makes a clanking/squeeking noise when I spin it by hand.
Robert

Does the motor have oiling ports and if so, has it been oiled ?

Roll the wheel gently across a hard floor and see if it wobbles.

Without wheel attached, hard to get full spin from motor shaft.

When you spin the wheel, is it and motor still inside the housing and mounted or is it out and disassembled ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
whitewa

After taking apart again robert I am nearly positive that its the wheel. I took it apart and rolled it across the floor and while it doesn't wobble. The inside of the wheel that actually mounts to the shaft of the electric motor is loose and that is where the clanking noise is coming from and also in my opinion probably throwing the balance off causing the vibration when it kicks on. also where the center plate fits in place it is very obvious that its been moving around cuz its all chewed up. Also the motor does not have oiling ports.
Robert

Hi,

Yes, that would be a problem and something additional that rolling on floor would indicate.

Do you have heat only or heat and a/c ?

It makes a difference in motor size which also differs the wheel size.

Thanks,
Robert
whitewa

It is only heat no AC
Robert

Blower Wheel # 1472-2751 @ $89.89 + $12.00 shipping.

It can be seen and ordered through PayPal from left side here:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanGas.html

Or, by calling toll free after 9 AM CST Mon thru Fri to

1-877-263-7860 and charging to Visa or Mastercard.

Let me know if outside the U.S. for added ordering info needed.

Thanks for inquiring with us.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert