DGAA070BDTA heater blower won't come on

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

amc3058

Howdy,

The heater worked fine, then one day it didn't. It seems the gas supply and heating element are working correctly. the blower doesn't come on when it should. Switching t-stat to "on" produces no results. The trailer is in a remote spot and a technician would be expensive. Any words of advice?
Robert

Test your transformer and see if it is getting 120VAC on the PRIMARY - LINE side and 24VAC on the SECONDARY - LOAD side.

That would be first thing due to blower not working in auto or on .

Thanks for inquiring,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
amc3058

Robert,

Thanks for the reply. I tested as you said. I'm not an expert with the ohm meter, but there was power in and out of the transformer. The 24VAC goes to the "circuit board". There is no power coming from the circuit board to the blower. Please note: I think the reading on the meter was higher on the 24VAC side of the transformer. Is this correct?

I checked the obvious fuses on the board. They are fine.

Thanks again for the info. What do you recommend from here?

Alan
Robert

Hi Alan,

At transformer, you should read 120VAC on the PRIMARY/LINE side.

24-28VAC on SECONDARY/LOAD side of transformer.

At your control board, it should be sending 120VAC to motor wire leads for power to motor.

Test across W and C at control board for 24VAC.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?