blower motor

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

dylansdad

I have a Envcon furnace(EB12B)/condensor(MC42CQA) with blower between. I don't know the make/model of the blower. The blower motor is warm to the touch when the fan is off (in fact, you can feel the heat merely walking by). Neither of the black/red wires feeding the motor is warm to the touch. The red wire is attached to the Lo side and the black wire is attached to med hi. Could this motor be going bad, or maybe is it the capacitor (75 micro-farad, 370VAC)?
Robert

Disconnect wire connector to motor, remove screws from bottom of housing side flanges/lips and slide housing out carefully.

Then look down in opening and see if one of the element coils is energized.

May can see a glow through housing side if you have good eysight.

I'd suspect that first.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
dylansdad

Yes, that was it. I replaced one of the limit switches back in January, and it may be bad. Thanks for the reply.
Robert

If an element is energized with no call for heat, either a bad sequencer or the element has fallen down and is touching frame.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?