new heating and cooling

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

marlonphillips

Hello,I have a system that is 15 years old and starting to have some problems like the condenser motor going out in the hottest part of this summer.My Mobile home is 28x60.I have a 3 ton high eff unit.but there is no shade and the unit did run more in the summer than it should.should I go with a bigger unit or are the newer units more efficient.which name brands are the best or reasonably priced.
Robert

Hi,

You would need an ACCA Manual J Load Calculation performed on your home to know exact size needed at this time.

Without that, best guesstimate would be a 3 1/2 or maybe even a 4 ton, depending on home windows, doors, and insulating qualities.

We steer clear from pricing and brand recommendations except to say it is best to have outside condensing unit and inside a-coil matched and helps if same brand.

Also, the a-coil must be sized as for demensions to fit with a MH furnace and space allowed.

At 15 years old, if you replace condensing unit, replacing a-coil and lineset at same time would be recommended.

It will help unit to be shaded, however, do not block sides or top from inlet and outlet airflow.

Best to have at least 6 ft. above, 18"-24" behind and 3ft. to 6 ft. on sides and front.

More is better on the sides, front and top.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?