No AC in the Summer Stinks

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

tigger75

When my family and I left this evening our unit was working fine but, when we returned home several hours later the fan was blowing but the outside unit was not on. We have a '99 model double wide with a Coleman EB12b unit. Occasionally you can hear a hum coming from the unit and the fan and compressor motors are both extremely hot to the touch. I do work in the maintenance field and have tools at home but I will be the first to admit I am over my head when it comes to HVAC work. Can someone please guide me in the right direction? If I need parts where do I get them from?

Thanks to any and everyone who can help with this problem,
Troy
Robert

Hi Troy,

Go here and read "cleaning your a/c" and "cleaning your furnace blower motor".

They will cover those and the inside A-Coil . Ensure they are clean first and that may be problem.

Also, inspect the contactor in outside condensing u nit to see if the middle bar is pulling inward allowing voltage to continue on to fan and compressor.

Inspect the run capacitor, with both fan and compressor doing this, you may have a dual run cap for both.

Look for bulging or leaks around the run cap.

We have all needed parts, but if HOT there, may not can wait for 2 - 3 day delivery time and earliest we could ship would be Monday.

Thanks for inquiring,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
tigger75

It turned out to be the cap. Thanks for the help, I'm sure I'll be needing it again.

Thanks Again,
Troy
Robert

Hi Troy,

You're very welcome, those run caps will give up the ghost from time to time for sure.

Glad you're chillin again.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?