Coleman 3500 A816 - help please!!

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

kamiller73

Ok so I lately i've noticed during the day the ac unit isn't able to cool down the house to the degree set 76degrees. It shoots up to 80-85 then finally it cools down to 76 around 10 that night. I've gone outside and noticed it's blowing hot air, just doesn't seem to be blowing as hard during the day like it use to. I've been growing and watering grass in the back yard and wonder if the water falling on the unit could cause it to not blow as hard? Totally lost. Before when it wouldn't blow hard it was because we had a pipe freeze up, but that's not the case now. Pipes fine and seems like everything works ok. I change air filter every month to make sure to keep coils clean but am lost. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks yall.
kamikaze
Robert

Hi,

Go here and follow steps in cleaning your a/c and furnace blower:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/hvac/articleshvac.html

It covers the a-coil also, be sure all is clean.

IF in a double or triple wide, inspect the cross-over duct(s), make they're not kinked, loose or torn.

May need to have refrigerant charge tested.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
kamiller73

Robert.. thank you for responding. I will use your tips and hope it helps. We are going to have people out to clean out the ducts this week and wanted to know if there should be anything I should watch for or be expected to know so they don't try to charge me for something that actually doesn't need to be fixed. I know not all companies are like that, but here in arizona I'm sure ac companies aren't hurting at all. And being a girl, I usually get that kind of attitude. Thanks robert..
kamikaze
kamiller73

Oh and i'm in a single wide if that helps. thanks again..
kamikaze
Robert

Hi,

Just be aware that MH ducts are thin and often flimsy aluminum and very easily destroyed and/or damagaed by duct cleaning IF not experienced in MH ducts.

Be very careful there.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
kamiller73

:D So instead of having duct people come out we had an ac repair man come out and he opened the the cover, took out the blower and beneath it was clogged with cat hair, dust, you name it.. YUCK :? So he cleaned it out and WOW it's actually blowing air harder throughout the home. Then during the day it works, but the actual temp still goes up to 83 degrees in the home. He checked the Freon - full. :roll: So any ideas why this is still happening or what is causing the problem?? :lol:
kamikaze
Robert

Could be any of several things and would need sevral readings to have an idea.

Does he know it won't cool the home ?

Did he take any readings such as superheat, subcooling, amps, dry bulb and wet bulb temps, supply and return air temps, suction line temp, discharge line temp ?

Could be wrong size unit for home/surroundings, compressor problems, a-coil problem, etc... .

Need data to know and he should have done that to ensure it was cooling properly before leaving.

Make sure all electrical components work properly.

Make sure airflow is correct and sufficient throughout home.

Make sure refrigeration cycle is correct and operating to design.

How long have you lived there, has it been working fine and just quit ?

Or, is this a new home/unit to you and first time using it ?

Thanks,
Robert