Warranty?

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Jamesotis

Our new doublewide will be two years old in Aug. It's a Fleetwood. The a/c is Vexar mfg by York Int. and has a FBcoils conderser coil. The conderser is leaking freon.
I was quoted $950 to replace the coil (said he could work on it) and get a 5yr warranty on the new coil. The Company that sold the Home (new) said that I only had a one year warranty on the ac. I'm told by idividuals (friends) in the HVAC business that there should be a manufacture warranty for the coil.
Should there be a manufacturer warranty (and does the serviceman handle the replacement?) that I can work with or should I just get the new one and pay for a warranty?
I fell like somebody is getting over on me.
Robert

Hi,

Warranties differ per unit and can be 1, 5 or 10 year. Most often with a new home with a/c, it is a standard 1 year warranty.

However, all this should be in your paperwork for the unit and home at time it was purchased.

IF it was still under warranty, a certified warranty Tech would have to be contacted.

Is he wanting to replace just the coil and not the whole condenser unit ?

I would contact the manufacturer if it is not stated in paperwork.

Thanks for inquiring,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?