Coleman Evcon Air & Heat

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

crackerhigher

Hi,

I am having a problem with my air and heat. When turning the thermostat(honeywell)on, I will hear a click and it it will say cooling or heating on, whichever is on and then nothing will happen. I also tried selecting fan instead of auto and still nothing. I was looking to see if there was a reset button on the blower somewhere. I did check all the breakers and flipped them to double check to make sure they weren't tripped.

Thanks
Daniel
Robert

What is the furnace and a/c model numbers ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
crackerhigher

Sorry to sound dumb but where might I find the model number at?
Robert

On the front facing of furnace is a data sticker and also on outside panel of a/c condensing unit if not faded.

With nothing working, may have lost 24vac low voltage circuit.

Either a loose or chewed through wire or bad transformer are possibilities there.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
crackerhigher

My appologies, I found it. It was hidden behind a pile of dust.
The model number is EB12b
crackerhigher

I also did forget to mention what happened to lead up to this. I had set the thermostat to 83 and once it cooled down to 83, I set it 82. Then it hesitated to come back on and I turned the air off a few minutes later. The next day I turn it on to cool and it would not come on. I also turned it to heat and no heat, then switched from auto to fan. Still nothing. I double checked the wires and none of them are cracked or chewed that I can see. Now that you mention this about the transformer, it makes sense because it seems like I "blew something" when it hesitated. I will replace it and see what happens.

Thanks
Daniel
Robert

Hi Daniel,

Sounds good and you're very welcome. Let us know how it goes.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
crackerhigher

Hi Robert,

I replaced the transformer and that resolved my issue with the heat & air.

Thank You again VERY MUCH for guiding me right direction for fixing this!

Thanks

Daniel
Robert

Hi Daniel,

You're very welcome, happy to help. That's great news, thanks for update.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert