coleman model 7956a856

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

kerry213

HI I NEED SOME HELP WITH MY FURNACE IN MY MOBILE HOME ITS A COLEMAN 7956A856.AC WAS ADDED TO THIS FURNACE IN 2000 BY PREVIOUS OWNER AND ITS A COLEMAN TOO.THE PROBLEM I HAVE IS THE BLOWER BURNED OUT AND ITS THE 1 SPEED 7966-311P AND HAVE A 2 SPEED BLOWER PART #7900-6061/A THAT WAS LEFT WHEN I PURCHASED THIS HOME.THE PROBLEM IS THAT WHO EVER DID THE WIRING MADE A BIG MESS.THER JUST SEEMS TO BE A TRANSFORMER WIRED IN AND BY LOOKING I SHOULD HAVE A AC CONTROL BOX FOR A TWO WIRE THERMOSTAT.SO HOW WOULD I GO ABOUT PUTTING THE 2 SPEED BLOWER IN AND FIXING THE MESS OF WIRES. THANKS JIM
Robert

Hi Jim,

The control boxes are easiest, but IF a person knows what is needed and how the circuit goes, parts can be wired in without the control box.

Without being there, I have no way of knowing what/how it is wired.

Is it just the 2 speed motor or is it the 2 speed blower assembly with housing, wheel, etc.. ?

You would need the assembly, plus you'll need an adapter kit to use that assembly with your furnace.

We have everything needed once we know what you need.

That may require a Tech to decipher however with what you described.

I'll be back on later tonight and check back then.

Thanks for inquiring,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
kerry213

yes it is the whole assembly 2 speed with cage and wheel part #7900-6061a .what adapter would i need any info is greatly appreciated.
Robert

Hi,

Ok, I misread your furnace model number. You're good to go with that blower assembly and no adapter needed for a 7900 series furnace.

So, get the wiring figured out and we can go from there.

Is your t-stat a 2 wire ?

A a/c control box could possibly solve the issue if the wiring has not been comprimised too much .

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
kerry213

well its originally two wire t-stat but has 2 extra wires of it now I'm assuming because the ac was added i have some pics of the wiring and components if that would help .this is a vac home so cant go look at it till next weekend but hope the pics may help.i greatly appreciated it thanks Jim
Robert

Hi Jim,

Send the pics to robert@mobilehomerepair.com

Yep, that can be done, but if unsure of circuitry, can create a quagmire real quick like.

Thanks,
Robert
kerry213

sent pics hope they help thanks jim
Robert

Hi Jim,

Are those 2 extra wires at t-stat actually connected to the t-stat ?

The top box in the pics is a 2 wire a/c control box, just a little info for now.

Thanks,
Robert
Robert

Hi Jim,

There are 3 wires not connected that I can see, did you disconnect those ?

Was unit working fine until motor went bad or are you new here and never have used unit before ?

Trace the wires from motor, do they have a molex plug on the end of them that plugs in another molex connector plug ?

If so, how many connector pin holes are in the plug ?

You may not can answer these w/o being there, but thought I'd throw them out there.

What I'm trying to determine is did he keep it as a 2 wire or did he go to 4 wire set up ?

Answer what you can and we'll go from there. Do you have computer access/capabilities there ?

Thanks ,
Robert
kerry213

the red and white wire were connected to the blower and the white was never connected as far as i know. i had called a furnace company in up there only one that was near.he came and looked at it and said the blower motor was bad .after asking him if i could use the other blower motor that i mention earlier he got all weired on me and said well yeah but it would take a lot and to the tune of about 500 bucks.so he put a real bad taste in my mouth.so i decided to take blower out and test it .it is shot only would hum.the unit has been working fine since we bought the place in 2001.the two extra wires are attached to the t-stat and they are the two that are disconnected now.i have the plug from the blower motor here i brought both units down so will have to count them.no no computer up there thanks Jim
Robert

Hi Jim,

Wished you had got him to give you an itemized list showing what the $500 was for.

I get soooooooo tired of the distrust that hackers like that bring on the HVAC industry.

One question I thought I had asked, but after rereading see I didn't. What tons is your a/c unit ?

Will go back and stare at pics some more, I am making progress, LOL.

Just so you know, IF I was there, from what I can see, I would say less than $100 if no parts needed .

When we're done, I'll nail it down for you for future reference.

Thanks,
Robert
kerry213

the unit i believe is 2.5 ton unit if i remember right.yeah the furnace guy said would be about 500 with using the blower motor i had and he said something about adding relay and something else.I'm going to send a pic of the old plug from the old blower when i get my camera back.i really appreciated you taking your time and helping me.thanks Jim
Robert

The 2 wires disconnected that you said were connected to motor, were they inserted into a molex plug to connect with the blower plug from old motor ?

Do you physically have 4 wires connected to your t-stat ?

The extra wires appear to be an added wired in 4 wire set up.

However, the reversing relay has wires connected and it is a 2 wire component.

Just in case, where is this unit/home located ?

Thanks,
Robert
kerry213

the two wires were connected to the wires coning out of molex plug.i will send pic later today.there are 4 wires at t-stat.the home is located in grand marsh Wisconsin about 25 miles north of Wisconsin dells.thanks