Coleman model 7956A856

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

lledtje

I've got a Coleman furnace model 7956A856 with A/C. I've got a couple problems with the A/C. When I run the air, the outside unit runs constantly even when the blower turns off every few minutes.

The other problem I have is that the previous tenants must have done something funky with the wiring to the thermostat. The A/C is not controlled by the thermostat. The heat works fine with thermostat, but not A/C. No matter what it is set on, the A/C will run as long as the switch is flipped on the main unit. I can have the thermostat set on heat and the A/C will still run.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Leah
Robert

Hi Leah,

How many wires are connected to t-stat and do you have two rocker switches on the front of a control box at furnace ?

This could be a combined problem from as many as 3 components.

Most suspect is a reversing relay if answer to above questions is yes.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
lledtje

There are currently 2 wires connected to the t-stat. We have tried a few different variations, but nothing ever worked. There are 2 rocker switches: one for Auto and Continuous and one for Heat and Cool.
Robert

Hi,

Rocker switches set to COOL and AUTO

At t-stat, IF it has a mode switch, set to HEAT

Then set temp at desired room temp

That's how it should be for a/c.

Will send reversing relay info after I eat a bite for supper.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Robert

Hi,

Thermostat Reversing Relay # 3110-3311/A in left side column:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanAC.html

That is the most common one, yours may be different.

As stated earlier, could be more than one problem, but sounds like that is one of the problems or maybe the only problem.

It can be ordered there through PayPal or by calling toll free after

8 AM CST Mon thru Fri to 1-877-263-7860 and charging to

Visa or Mastercard .

Thanks for inquiring,
Robert