roof over estimates

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

kwhel

I know you can't give me an exact answer on this one. Can you you me a ball park figure on what to expect to pay for a professional roof over job for a single wide (720 sq. feet) mobile home.
I have been given 2 estimates from $2,000.00 to $3,000.00. I like to know what is a reasonable price.
Thanks
Yanita

Hi,

What do you have for a roof now...metal or shingles? Are you wanting to have eaves added or extended, possibly gutters installed?

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
kwhel

It is a metal roof and I would like about a foot overhang to cover gutters because they cause leaks when it get clogged with leaves.
JD
Site Admin

I have installed a lot of roofs and the only products I can think of that a pro in my area would install at that price is a 2 layer elastomeric mop job or a modified bitumen torch-down. There are a lot of foam sprayers in my area, but the 2 most established companies would be bidding around $5000 and up, depending on the product level you choose. A true 15-20 year mop roof would have at least 5 layers. Aluminum surfaced torch-down might last 8 years. None of the above roofs would have an overhang.

So if someone is showing you a good product and you have seen some of his work, I'd say go for it. What are they offering you at that price? Product? Build an overhang?

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.