Water In Floor Ducts

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

lv2hnt

I have water standing in my floor duct work. I had a service tech look at this and he said My condensate drain pain had a hole in it?? The he told me it would be about $875.00 to fix because he had to replace the A coil to replace the drain pan. but he recommended that i replace the condenser also because of the age.. he said the total replacement and install would be $2800.00. I question this ?? Can I get some advice?? Does the A coil need to be replaced to replace the drain pan? And is that something I can do myself? If so where can I find a drain pan?

The Make is a Coleman Model 900759 serial # 128879717
Robert

Hi,

No, you do not have to replace the A-Coil to replace the drip pan.

You do have to remove the A-Coil and reinstall when finished.

This must be done by a certified Tech, it unlawful to do otherwise.

Now, here is probably where he was going with his suggestion.

He would have to do the work. If the unit is older, since he is removing and reonstalling, it would be wise to replace the A-Coil at this time.

If you wait and you can wait, then the a-coil goes bad soon afterward, you pay that labor cost again.

Then, if you replace an older a-coil with a new one, due to the seer rating differences, you would need to replace condensing unit as well.

We have the drip pan and also the A-Coil w/drip pan .

We do not sell condensing units however.

If financially feasible I would replace all at this time.

If not, replace the drip pan only and begin saving for future replacement of units when needed.

I would also get at least one more Tech to diagnose and consult with advice.

Thanks for inquiring,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
lv2hnt

Thanks Robert,

I will take your advice and get another look at this problem. I also think I will be ordering the parts from you when they get replaced.

Larry
Robert

Hi Larry,

You're very welcome, happy to help .

If you need us, we'll be here and help all we can.

You can duct tape a wet/dry vac nozzle over end of drain line where it exits home and pull out any blockage most times.

That would eliminate the drainline backing up and overflowing.

You can then stop up the drainline entrance at drip pan.

Fill pan about 1/4 to 1/2 and check underside for leaks.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?