Leak in AC unit

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

eguyton

I have a Coleman Evcon Model DGAT07BDC heat & Air in my mobile home. I have had a leak in the ac for several years. All the repair men I call out only want to recharge the sytem. Non are willing to try to find the leak and fix it, they say the leak is in a-coil most of the time. A recharge on the system only last 3 weeks now. I check (SOAP) all the lines and connections and fitting from compessor to up to the A-coil. So far no leaks I can find.The a-coil is clean except all the metal on the coil is rusted up real bad around the copper tubes. They (the repairmen) say getting parts is a problem for mobile homes. If I buy a a-coil they would install. Any suggestions?? Rick
annette

I'm having the same problem, but mine is Coleman 53QA 060KA. Anway, I have a major leak & the floor is rotting out. I'm amazed at the amount of water that has leaked out the unit. It seems like I have someone out 3 or 4 times a year to repair something on it. I was told the water is dripping from the coils & since they were dripping on the wires below, it would catch on fire. Does anyone know where to contact Coleman? Ive heard they sold out to someone else, but cant find the info.
eguyton

Sounds Like you need a drain pan or the drain on the pan is stopped up. I had a dead mouse in mineand the water filled up the pan and leaked all over the floor. I attached a hose the to the drain outlet, then ran the hose under the house and attached the hose to pvc pipe and ran the pipe to the outside so the water would drain away from the the home. Hope this helps.