Intertherm motor problem

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Robert

If you mean the fan kicks on for a few seconds every once and a while during off cycle or right after a cycle, this can be normal or maybe not.

If heat builds up in chamber the blower will kick on to dissapate the residual heat left or gathered after cycle ends.

Probably ok and normal, if it starts seeming otherwise, have it inspected or if it becomes a concern.

You might could have raised the roof-jack some with an extension to help with the downdraft.

Thanks,
Robert
Last edited by Robert on Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
homebuff

:roll: Well! If I remember right it could have started doing it after had replaced the evap. coil a long while back. You may not remember that. The old metal drain pan was leaking & ruined my floor in the bedroom & you also helped me w/ rewiring the unit & thermostat. I'll check to see if I got the pipe above the unit secure enough or see if its leaking. We have been felling a little wierd. Hope its not leaking fumes inside our house. But its been a long time since I replaced the coil & its working flawlessly at keeping our house cool. Looking foward to hearing from you tommorrow. Thanks again. David! :D :)
I am a certified ford diesel tech, "Retired Now" Ford Parts Department counter man, computer consultant, repairman & programmer
Robert

IF you are the least in doubt on whether you have a leak from flue, have your gas company or an hvac contractor come test it.

You can/should also have a CO monitor or two inside the home.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Robert

Hi,

Ok, go here and read info at top of page first to explain these motors and accessories:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/Generic ... ml#catalog

Blower Motor # S88-546 @ $99.00

Run Capacitor # G21-933 @ $5.49

Shipping = $16.50

If you need wiring or molex plugs, they can be found at the link given in the top of page info and would have to be added to cost.

They can be seen and ordered at the above link through PayPal or by calling toll free after 9 AM CST Mon thru Fri to 1-877-263-7860 and charging to Visa or Mastercard .

Thanks for inquiring and let us know if we can help further.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
homebuff

:) :D Thanks Robert! I am so (Humbly Greatful) for you helping me out when in need. I will be purchasing these items in due time when we get our money from the gov. You guys here are the greatest. By reading the wiring I most likely will be having my a/c friend do the installlation procedure. Thanks again & have a great weekend. Bless you all very much. If I can ever give you guys any valuable info on Ford vehicles especially diesels give me a shout. Will be glad to help. David! :D :)
I am a certified ford diesel tech, "Retired Now" Ford Parts Department counter man, computer consultant, repairman & programmer
Robert

Hi David,

You're very welcome, happy to help and glad we found those motors.

Robert
homebuff

Robert, I have definately not forgot about you in purchasing the motor. Just waiting for that gov. tax relief check everyone is getting to come in. Well almost everyone. You'll hear from me soon, I hope. David!
Robert

That's cool, we'll be here when you're ready.

Thanks,
Robert
homebuff

:D Well Robert, i'm getting ready to purchase the blower motor & capacitor for my a/c & heating unit but before I do I would like to know If the motor has two differant sets of wires coming out of it from two differant ports in the rear of motor. One set of wires goes to the capacitor thats bolted to the blower cage unit & the other ones go to the box on top of the blower cage. I will probably need some assistance wiring it back up if you don't mind. I did find some wiring specs on the page you supplied me that had a link for more info on the motor wiring but it seemed a little confusing. If this motor you supplied me has that wiring setup. I will be contacting you when they come in. Please contact me here very soon, like tonight if all possible & let me know something. Thanks David! :wink:
homebuff

Ok Robert, by looking at the blowup of the motor I can see it only has a lg. bundle of wires coming out of one port so it looks like it may be a chore figuing out which wires go where but looks as though there pleanty there to wire it up. Thanks again David!
homebuff

:D Sorry to bother you Robert But i need to know which belly band to purchase for the S88-546 motor. The S58-612 or the S58-703? The motor is driving my wife crazy & I do mean crazy. I need this info so I get these parts ordered immediately before she leaves me. The belly band I will definately need. For the molex male & female connectors I can get by w/out them if I can get ahold of the tools to remove the pins from the old wires. I seached endlessly for that tool & to no evail could I find one for that size of pins. Maybe you have another way to disconnect them w/out the tool or just simply cut the wires & crimp them back w/ but connectors. Please let me know quickly. Thanks David :cry:
Robert

Hi David,

Mark sells the tool to remove the wires from molex plugs, but it is pricey. If you go to the link I gave for molex plugs, you'll see the tool.

You can use other things , but may damage plug doing it.

You can also cut it out and wire back with wire nuts/elect. tape.

The wiring for motor is on side of motor and also at the info link with motor description at the link for the motor.

You'll have to look at that and look at wiring diagram for your furnace and see if they are same or different.

Buying a generic motor can mean different wiring arrangements and/or wire colors.

You may be better off to have a Tech wire it up and/or install it for you.

White is common wire for common on LINE hook up.
Black is high speed.
Blue is medium speed.
Red is low speed.

the two browns go to run capacitor.

Green is ground wire.

Just look at old motor and furnace wiring diagram and match your current wires for above to the corresponding wire I listed.

Some may be same color and others may be different.

common to common
high to high
medium to medium
low to low

run cap gets two browns

green to ground

Call toll free after 9 AM CST to 1-877-263-7860 and speak with Mark to order and find out correct belly band needed for that generic motor.

Thanks for allowing us to assist you.

I'll be back in late tomorrow evening if you need further help, but if you cannot get it wired with above info, probably will need a Tech, not sure I can give much else to help with it.

It's not that hard, just go slow and match speeds and such, do not just match colors as they may be different from furnace to generic motor.

Robert
Last edited by Robert on Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
homebuff

:D Thanks Robert for responding back. You have answered all my questions. I just hope it does'nt take a long time to recieve them. The motor makes a very loud squeaing noise like something dragging inside the motor & the motor spins faily smooth. Took it out last night & reoiled it & did'nt help. Again thanks so very much & have a great day & weekend. David! 8)
Robert

Hi David,

You're very welcome, happy to help. If you ordered today, should be there either Saturday or Monday.

Thanks for allowing us to assist you and for ordering from us.

Robert
homebuff

:D Yeh! Thanks Robert thats exactly what Mark told me when I called him. Just getting someone to come out & wire it up is my only concern. Funny! I told my wife to go stay in a motel till i got it wired up so the noise would'nt drive her crazy. :lol: Hey! its sure been great ya'll helping me out & your a great company to do bussiness with. If I get into a jam wiring i'll probably have to get back w/ you so you or mark can walk me through it. Thanks a million David! :wink: