Bath tub WAS leaking

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

homebuff

:D I had to replace the flooring a second time for water entering down around the sides or the tub. I need to know if I can get ahold of some of that real wide white rubber stripping that has the sticky stuff on the back of it. It needs to be about 4 to 6 inches wide cause I installed some plastic wall wall board behind the tub all the way around it up above the tube line & installed some clear calking for now & seems to be sealing well for now. It looks so ugly though & afraid it will start leaking again if I don't get it. All I can find is the thin type about 3 inches wide. I can't afford w/ my budget the rap arouind tub style or the panels that go around the whole wall. Thanks D :wink: avid
I am a certified ford diesel tech, "Retired Now" Ford Parts Department counter man, computer consultant, repairman & programmer
JD
Site Admin

Mark sells the tub repair tape through the Books & Parts link above. You can find it at this link. http://mobilehomerepair.com/Order2a.html The material comes in many widths up to 48" but the larger widths come in full rolls of 50' and can cost more than a new tub. You might try emailing Mark at info@mobilehomerepair.com to see if he can sell you a cut size.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
homebuff

:D Well JD that was not the type I believe I was referring to. I was talking about the thick elastic film type you can get at Walmart & other hardware stores. I think the thick type I need would be more appropriate for mine & look more professional & normal looking. Maybe someday when i come into some money I might consider purchasing the surround type stuff. I would love to just remove the tub & install a single shower unit so it will make more room in my bath. I'm not that good at doing this though & I only take showers. I would love to tackle this project later on. :)
I am a certified ford diesel tech, "Retired Now" Ford Parts Department counter man, computer consultant, repairman & programmer
JD
Site Admin

Yeah, I guess I read the post totally wrong there. I don't know anything about the product you are looking for.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Yanita

Hi,

I am unsure of the product you are referring to as well, could you possibly post a pic of what you have already?

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
homebuff

I'll give it a shot Yanita & get back w/ you. Thanks! :D
homebuff

Well yanita, I left my camera at work so I will try to explain what the tape is. It comes in a roll & has a crease in the center where you can bend it to fit in the corners of the tub. They come in differant colors but white is the most common one i've found. Its about 1/8 in. thick & it has paper backing that you peel off. I was merely needing a wider length & just stick it against the wall & tub around the tub. I thought there might be somewhere out there that was somewhat wider so it would hide the lousey patch job I did after replacing the flooring under the tub a second time. This time I went ahead & removed the old rotton flooring & put down new flooring. I cannot find this stuff that is about 4-6 inches wide anywhere. Its really good stuff & seals rather well. I will get my camera this weekend & upload a pic. Thanks David!