Intertherm motor problem

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Robert

Hi David,

You're very welcome.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
homebuff

Robert & Mark & the rest of your staff. I just wanted to thank you all for helping me out getting me the right motor & capacitor & belly band for my unit. It is sooo much quieter now & my wife hugged my neck for fixing it right the first time w/out burning it up. It starts in low now & then goes into high like its suppost to. I went to theEmerson website & posted a comment about getting my warr. activated& hope to hear from them soon. There was no warr. papers in the box to fill out & send in. Again thanks to all & God Bless you all. David!! Man! it soo much more peacefull around here.
I am a certified ford diesel tech, "Retired Now" Ford Parts Department counter man, computer consultant, repairman & programmer
Robert

Hi David,

You're very welcome, happy to help. You can call Mark toll free at

1-877-263-7860 and he can answer any warranty questions for

you.

Time to take your bride out for a good meal, you've both earned it. :)

Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
homebuff

:D Thanks Robert for that Happy comment about my wife. Last night she woke me from a dead sleep & told me she could smell something burning inside the unit & I looked at it & did not see anything smoking or burning & I told her it was just the new burning off the motor. I am still concerned about the thick green wire from the old motor though. It said inside the relay box that it was the med high. I just merely caped it off & did'nt use it & did not know where to ground the small green wire. The motor housing cage or the main unit housing?Now that I got that project done now I have to finish up the flooring project in my small bath. Let me know about the wiring concern & i'll leave you alone till I need your assistance again in the future. Thanks again David! :)
I am a certified ford diesel tech, "Retired Now" Ford Parts Department counter man, computer consultant, repairman & programmer
Robert

Hi David,

Are you asking where to attach the green ground wire from new motor ?

If so, it attaches to the outside of the blower housing.

Usually can place it under one of the screws holding the run cap to side of housing.

Thanks,
Robert
homebuff

:) Yes Robert the small one w/ the eyelet attached. I was also referring to the extra large green wire that comes from the relay box That attached to the old magnitek motor. I just cut it & put a wire nut on it & put it to the side. The new motor only had 4 wires that went to the relay box, the other two brown to the capacitor & the wires from the old motor had 5 wires. I assume I did it correctly cause the new motor is working just fine.The low came on fine when I turned on the sw. to on manually. I'll bet my electric bill may go down some since the old motor was dragging a bit. If that large green wire needs to be attached some where then let me know soon. The inside of the relay box had the wires all labled on the insulated board what they were. Thanks David! :wink:
Robert

Hi David,

Just use the wires from new motor. Most furnaces use High for a/c and for continous on.

Low or med. low for heat.

May want to change the manual switch set up to go through same circuit as a/c for high speed.

The small green under screw for run cap strap on side of blower housing assembly.

Thanks,
Robert
homebuff

:) Thanks robert. Will do. I really appreciate you helping me out. I still have to contact Mark about the Warranty. Have a great one David. :D
Robert

Hi David,

You're very welcome, glad to have been able to help.

Robert
homebuff

:) YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST SITE I HAVE EVER BEEN ON & ALL OF YOU ARE SO FRIENDLY. THANK YOU STAFF :D
Robert

Hi David,

On behalf of mobilehomerepair.com, thank you for the kind words and support and you're very welcome.

Robert
homebuff

Hey Robert! I have a question about setting my Hunter digital nonprogrammable thermostat to a comfortable setting so our electric bill won't be so high in 100 degree outside temps. Next week is going to be up into the over 100 degree temps. My wife has to keep it so cold in our house & sets it to 70-72 degrees & I keep resetting it to 75 degrees which I know that makes the bill higher resetting it all the time.I was also told NOT to block off any registers in the house cause it can make the unit work harder & possibly burn up the motor. We have 4 registers in our house. Where can I purchase 4 new 4"x 8" brown floor registers? Mine are all broken. I have a tendency to block off mine in my computer room to keep from freezing to death. By the way, the new motor is working fine so far. Thanks for all the support you provided in the past. David
Robert

Hi David,

If the temps are over 100, then trying to get home down to 70/72 is not likely, unless your home is super well insulated with top windows, doors, lots of shade, etc... .

Even then it would be hard.

I would put it around 73* (middle ground) and leave it there.

Use ceiling fans to help circulate air, insulated curtains closed on sunny side of home, etc.

You can close a register for temporary time only, but best to only close half way or so.

You can call Mark toll free at 1-877-263-7860 to order the register grilles.

He will be back in office by Monday or Tuesday from a short vacation.

Robert
homebuff

:wink: Thanks Robert for that info. I have to get new registers cause mine are all broken & can't close them. Our trlr. is well insulated though. I have some other projects that I have to put on the back burner for a spell cause I am in Morning. My Son passed away yesterday morning. :cry: Thank's to all of you for all your support.
Robert

Hi David,

You're very welcome, happy to help. Please accept my family and the family of mobilehomerepair.com condolences in the loss of your son.

So saddenned to hear this news and wish you and your wife comfort at this time.

Take care and God Bless,
Robert