coleman blower motor quit and after replace wont shut off

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

ashalilyann

First wanted to say thanks for supporting such a great board! Well it started when came home one day to hot house and found breaker for furnace tripped discovered burnt up blower motor. Took out and had rebuilt by electrical shop here in town and now it wont shut off, the outside unit shuts off and on with t-stat but blower stays goin. I cant find the model number anywhere on the unit but the schematic says its 7600a series presidential II gas furnace. I have good volt meter and am quite capable of fixing with some guidance and will immediatly order parts or pay the help fee if needed. Thanks again
Robert

Hi,

The model number would be on a data sticker/tag on front facing of furnace.

Open the controls box and see if you have a circuit board.

Most likely a faulty circuit board or blower relay, depending on which one you have to control blower motor.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
ashalilyann

thank you for your reply, I looked again for a model number to no luck. I am sure it has a relay and no circuit board. Is there a chance it could be transformer checked it and found only 10 to 11 volts coming out? Is there is a part number for the parts you belive I need? and how do I go about ordering them? Thanks again
Robert

Hi,

Fan Relay # 3310-3301 can be seen and ordered through PayPal

from right side of page here:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanAC.html

Transformer should read 24vac output. The blower and outside unit wouldn't be running without that, so transformer should be ok.

May want to recheck your meter or retest transformer.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?