Door Suggestions???

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

kamiller73

I'm not sure if this goes in this topic or not, and sorry if it doesn't, :oops: but I was wondering if anyone had pictures or info on the back (outswinging) doors and if there's a safer door out there. Ours barely locks and if someone wanted to break in, it probably wouldn't be hard. In the pics you can see how the holes were just cut out in the frame. Is this how it's suppose to be?? Image
Any suggestions on if replacing and reframing door is logical or any good tips on locking devices or chains that would help me feel more safe when i'm home alone. :? Thank You!!!
kamikaze
phelpcd1

I've got the same problems with my door....same door. My neighbor adjusted it to close/lock better, so for now it's workable. I'm hoping to replace it with a regular steel front door one of these days........I am a female alone out in the country most of the time so I have sensors up on my road so I get beeps when someone is coming well before they get there.......plus it helps to own a gun and learn how to use it properly, get licensed etc. I hadn't even thought of a chain type contraption......hmmmmm
bsr58

I had the same problem when I first bought my dbl wide. The woman I got it from had an interior door stuck on, swinging outward & it wouldn't close properly. So I took it down & rehinged it & now it closes & locks.
I still haven't bought an exterior door yet though, but I'm getting there.
Harry

Hi

When I rebuilt the back wall of our MH I bought a prehung door from Homedepot. It has a deadbolt. Here's a photo.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
bsr58

I had the same problem when I first bought my dbl wide. The woman I got it from had an interior door stuck on, swinging outward & it wouldn't close properly. So I took it down & rehinged it & now it closes & locks.
I still haven't bought an exterior door yet though, but I'm getting there.
bsr58

Sorry bout the duplicate post,,, computer problems.