Coleman Presidential AC blower intermittent

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

qofoxtrot

Hi, My Coleman Presidential Heater- AC has had this problem for quite some time. It has the standard 2 wire thermostat - just the temp adjust. All other control is at the unit. The AC turns on and then the blower shuts off most of the time just fine after a short delay BUT sometimes the outdoor unit shuts down and the blower(fan) doesn't ever shut down. - and keeps on running warm air until I re-cycle the thermostat switch. I am thinking that I should replace the fan "switch" but thought I would check for advice first. The switch for my unit is labeled as a 7660-328 and this site says that 7975-3281 is a good replacement. Is this what I probably need? Thanks so much. Dave
Robert

Hi Dave,

Most likely a bad Fan Relay # 3110-3301 with the blower contacts sticking.

Look inside the a/c control box (box with the switches on front).

It can be seen and ordered from Coleman a/c and heat pump page in our store.

If you need any further help, let me know.

That is the most likely cause, but for absolute assurance, it would need to be tested with a meter.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
qofoxtrot

Thanks so much for your assistance. I located the relay and it is labeled 6313-228. I am ordering it from you today. It looks very similar to the recommended 3110-3301, and is a little cheaper. If the 3110-3301 is more reliable, let me know and I might consider changing my order.
Robert

Hi ,

That's fine, I didn't have my book with me, so listed the most common one which would work same as your original.

With known p/n however, go ahead with the OEM, especially since it's cheaper.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?