my ac wont shut off

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

heathb

i have a 22 year old coleman presidential 3.sometimes the AC will continue to run like it is getting no signal from the thermostat.So i changed the thermostat and it still does it.It is the AC and everything that stays on not just the blower.I have been observing different things and i have found that the reversing relay or the sequencer and, the resistor get extremely HOT while the unit isn't running.the part number on those items is 7670-307and on the resistor r5294 i would appreciate some guidance. thank you heath
Robert

Hi Heath,

The reversing relay controls the switching of a/c on and off, so it would be a prime suspect here.

Where is the resistor you refer to located at ?

The Reversing Relay # 7670-3071 can be seen and ordered through PayPal from right side of page here :

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanAC.html

Taake care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
heathb

thanks Robert the resistor is next to the reversing relay to the right and is mounted to the side of the switch box.it has two black wires and the are both going to the reversing relay. thanks heath
Robert

Hi Heath,

What is your furnace model number, going to see if I can check on the resistor by looking up the unit in our data base.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?