coleman presidential electric furnace

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

ljludden

Model 6806-722. One of two in my house, starts and runs with a cyclical humming noise. It produces heat while running but after a short time it shuts down. The shut down does not occur in the normal fashion. Usually the furnace first shuts off the heating elements, then later turns off the blower motor. Now all components suddenly shut down after a short period of operation. After a while, if the thermostat is left at the same setting, it will again start up, then goes through the whole cycle again. There are no oilers on the blower motor shaft that I can see.
Robert

Hi,

The sequencer controls the elements and blower motor. We have it in stock, but due to it being so old, it is pricey.

Sequencer # 6806-3631 @ $108.90 + $8.00 shipping(if shipped inside the U.S.).

You can see and order it from the right side of this page :

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanElec.html

I would suggest trying to find another newer sequencer with the same timing pattern or very close to same.

If the motor has oil ports, they'll be at side edge of motor, two of them with plastic or metal inserts.

It may be self lubricated and not have any.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?