Coleman A-Coil Condesating Excessively

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

clifton87

The copper pipes that are going into the front of the a-coil are constantly dripping water if when the ac is running. The ac works fine however the water drains out of the drip pan and ultimately drains into the yard at the back of my home.

The problem is the excessive amount of condensation causes standing water under a portion of the mobile home as well as a 20'x6' area behind it.

I had repair man take a look at it about a year ago and he suggested I bury a 5 gallon bucket with a number of holes drilled in the side fill it with gravel and let the drain line filter into the bucket. This worked for a week or two, but the condensation is flowing faster than it can filter into the ground.

Is there any solution to reducing the condensation on the pipes going into the a-coil? The copper tubing coming from the outside unit doesn't condensate only the tubing directly on the face of the a-coil.
clifton87

Correction: Tubing leaving outside unit is condensating as well
clifton87

FYI... On the a-coil,

Model No. EMH48F19A1

MFG No. NEMH48F19A1
Mark
Site Admin

Do you see any signs of frost on the tubing (like its freezing up?) If so, that's an indication of being low on freon. Otherwise it must be dang hot and humid there to get all that condensation. Does your line coming from the drip pan go directly to the back yard? I would never let it drain underneath the home as that moisture will start to cause other issues with the home.

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
clifton87

No sign of frost.

Located in Louisiana so yes its always hot and humid.

Line from drip pan is run to the back yard.

I guess the only option may be to tie the line from the drip pan to the plumbing if I want the yard to dry up.
Robert

Run it into some buried drain tile that is ran around into a ditch or gulley or someting to take the flow away from yard and home.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
DP

Check along the edges of the furnace to see if you feel hot air seeping in (from the attic, etc.). If you have hot humid air leaking in it will immediately condensate as soon as it hits the cold a-coil. And if it's leaking in around the furnace the it's worse because it goes straight into the air return and through the a-coil.

Any chance you have a digital thermometer that shows humidity?