Model DGAA077BDTA Flash Codes 3 & 4

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

stevecc

Ever Since we purchased this furnace 7 years ago it has caused us problems. We have not gone a single year without something needing to be fixed. I am fed up with the escalating costs.

Could you please give me an idea of what could be wrong when the lights flashes 3 and 4 times when the furnace tries to run. When we first turn it on it flashes 3 times. Then as it tries to cycle it continuously flashes 4 times. Does it need a limit switch replaced?

The company we bought the furnace from is completely incompetent and I have been waiting for almost two weeks just for them to contact me about the problem. PLEASE HELP!!
Mark
Site Admin

I'll let Robert respond with any help he may be able to give. Below is a list of what the flashing lights mean for the 7990-320P (also known as 031-01932-002) board in your furnace.

Steady light on - normal operation.
One flash - ignition failure.
Two flashes - combustion air switch stuck closed.
Three flashes - combustion air switch failed to close.
Four flashes - limit switch open.
Five flashes - gas valve energized with no call for heat.
Rapid flashing - reversed polarity.
Note: Color of light is green.
You can't fail if you don't try!
Robert

Has the pressure switch been checked and/or replaced ?

That is the 3 flashes.

For four flashes, check all limit switches.

I would not do anything though until after the recall inspection and repair is complete.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?