Coleman 7966A856

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

tbrown2

Fired up my furnace for this heating season and ran into a problem. The pilot light goes out after a heat cycle, it will relight, but then just goes out again after I run it through a heat cycle. Coleman Furnace (LP) standing pilot light Model 7966A856 with A/C. Any help is much appreciated.
Troy
Robert

Hi Troy,

Check your pilot burner, pilot tube, thermocouple, pilot flame/thermocouple positioning (flame crosses top 1/2" ?) and the roof-jack/flue for combustion air.

Make sure all are clear with no blockages and no damage or seperations at roof-jack/flue.

Thanks,
Robert
Last edited by Robert on Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
tbrown2

Thanks, the thermocouple did the trick. I assumed that might be the problem, but wanted an expert opinion.

Troy
Robert

Hi Troy,

You're very welcome, happy to help. Glad it is working again.

I edited my previous reply due to typo, pilot flame should cross top 1/2" of thermocouple tip .

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?