Coleman EB23B electric furnace

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

LenTC

I feel that the air output of my furnace/air con is terribly low. I notice that the blower motor is 4 speed. the furnace is connected to the ML (med low?) and the air con is connected to HI (high?) Would I benefit changing the furnace connection to the MH (med. high?) and would it be safe to do so. Access is plenty easy so that isn't a problem.

The central air con (Amana) was installed after the home was installed in case that makes a difference.

This is a 1995 Pinegrove double wide (28X70) mobile home. I'm assuming that the duct work is in proper placement as all the belly board looks to be in place and without holes.

I don't feel that the blower motor is running slow as I can hear it when running. I just feel that the air coming out of the duct works should have a bit more to it. (Compared to a previous single wide I had the double wide furnace is grossly underpowered.)

If any other info is needed let me know. I want to be warmer this winter.[/u]
Robert

Hi,

Those are the correct blower settings for your unit. Increasing the speed would give a somewhat more forceful airflow, but would also cool the temp of the air and actually make it cooler.

If the airflow is abnormal or less than usual, check the ducts for damage or holes. Make sure a-coil is clean and blower motor and wheel are clean.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?