Red T (Coleman) Model # DLAS075ADC - Need Help

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

IdahoNick

I need some help with my furnace. Everything seems to be working except for the blower doesn't start. I can set the thermostat and it kicks the unit on, but the upper limit switch gets thrown before the blower starts. Please give me some advice and where to start looking for the problem. Thx, Nick. :shock:
Robert

Hi Nick,

Disconnect the blower motor leads and test to see if you have full 120vac at the plug or connection.

If not, need to find interruption of circuit.

If you do, spin the blower wheel CAREFULLY with a call for heat and see if the motor starts.

If it does with a spin, probably need a new run capacitor.

If not and it has full 120vac power to it, need a new motor and run cap.

Can also order a wiring diagram if needed and/or pay a $20 troubleshooting fee for email instructions on things to test in circuit.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
IdahoNick

8) Thanks, Robert. I am humbly grateful. I tested the AC, it tested OK. I was able to get the motor spinning with a little help from my fingers after I called for fire. "Shot over, shot out." Sorry, I couldn't help myself (especially after calling for fire, old artillery habit, lol). I will order the new run capacitor and get this thing up and running again.
Thanks again for your help. I do home security (tech), so if you ever have any security questions, please shoot me a line, I would be more than happy to return the favor. Thanks again. Nick.
Robert

Hi Nick,

Sounds good, thanks for update. Sometimes the run cap alone won't do it, but often does when motor starts and runs with a spin of wheel.

Since the run cap must be replaced with a new motor, always best to try the spin move and run cap first.

Thanks for the security help offer, I'll keep ya in mind for future help if ever needed.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?