gas oven question

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

sd0321

So I finally put on gloves and cleaned the gas oven....the one that had evidence of a mouse having been in residence at some time or other on the very bottom, where the broiler is....

And then I fired it up. You can put your fingers through these vent like openings that lets the heat into the oven. (I'm thinking, how do I know if a mouse ever came back that I'm not going to bake one...)

I like electric. Guy friend looked at electrical panel in my room and said I'm not wired for an electric stove.

Well, are all electric stoves the kind that have the big plugs like dryers do? How about apartment size stoves, anyone know if any of them can just plug into a regular outlet? (No mouse could ever get into the oven of an electric stove, I think.) Sherry
Greg

Sherry, All of the electric ranges should have the big 30 - 50 amp plugs on them. If you have service enough coming to the box any electrician can add a sub panel and run the wires from that. Check with a qualified electeician in your area to see if it is possible. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Yanita

Hi,

As Greg said, call a licensed electrician. Hate to burst your bubble...but yes mice can get into an electric stove/oven and destroy it as well.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
sd0321

Thanks for both of your replies - sherry