Red T Products model#DGAA070BDTA help please.

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

cpunzy

I have recently moved into a mobile home, and cannot get this thing to start. Gas stove is fine, as well as water heater, but furnace not working.
Ive repeatedly gone through the starting instructions on the front cover with no luck.
when I turn on the power there is a slight humming noise coming from the furnace, but thats it.
when trying to adjust the t-stat, it clicks, but nothing at the furnace.
the green diagnostic led does not light up at all.
If anyone can offer any advise that would be great, I really don't know about these things.
thanks, Chris.
Mark
Site Admin

Could be a multitude of things from a bad transformer to not being grounded to whatever. Best to have it inspected by a tech.

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
cpunzy

that is the response I was afraid I would get lol,
I did some more testing today to try and narrow it down a bit, here's what I found.
the diagram on the cover is telling me 24v from the transformer, I'm reading 28 would that be enough to fry a couple resistors on the main board?
there are 6 Identical resistors on the board very close together 3 of them are showing 2.73 ohms, while the 3 that look a bit burnt are reading slightly above 8.
the transformer being 4v to high the likely cause?.
Robert

Hi,

24vac to 28vac is pretty normal. Is the humming coming from the board ?

Does the booster motor start up and run ?

That is first thing that MUST start and run at beginning of call for heat.

Probably a bad control board, but need to try and determine cause of faulty board if so.

You can change the transformer also, but doubtful it caused that, but sometimes it will.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
cpunzy

been gone a while, but thanks for the input guy's, I just replaced the board, and still nothing.
the place I got the board at has a tranformer on hand as well, I'll try that tomorrow.
thanks. Chris.
cpunzy

well I replaced the control board, and the transformer, an still nothing at all.
when I hit the switch, just a quiet humming from the transformer, and that is it.
nothing starts, LED still doesnt even light or blink, or anything.
Robert

Did you check for input/primary voltage(120vac) before replacing transformer ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
cpunzy

yup I sure did, and it checks out fine.
Robert

Will need to trace circuit by wiring diagram and test for voltage until interruption is found.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert