blower motor DGAM056BDD

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

burtwc

For about 2 weeks whenever the ac kicked in and the fan started to turn it would make alot of noise (rubbing maybe?)and then it would get a little quieter but still louder than normal (kind of like a quite lawnmower). Two days ago when it started up it was very loud and now the fan is not turning. Just a humming noise. I tried starting it with a ruler and it only started once but did not turn very fast and after about a minute stopped again. It does not spin very easy with a ruler...feels kind of tight but not sure how loose it should be anyway. Could it just need to be taken apart and cleaned (two dogs...lots of hair and dust in the house). I don't see anywhere to oil it either. Maybe wd40 on the fan itself, or is that a bad idea? If something needs to be replaced, is it a DIY. I am very handy but never have done any work on AC units. I am afraid to call someone out because I am afraid that they will rip me off by fixing unnecesary things to up the bill. Times are very bad in Las Vegas and money is tight. :cry:
Robert

Hi,

Go here to see our article on cleaning the blower and shows removal if needed for replacing:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/article ... lower.html

Yes it is DIY if you take your time.

Could need cleaning, But more likely to be a broken bracket or worn out/almost seized bearings.

We can give motor ordering info if needed.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
burtwc

Thank you for the quick reply. I will be off work for a few days and will try the cleaning and that should give me an idea of what it is to replace parts if needed (probably). Could you please send me the ordering info and prices of what I would need so I could start as soon as possible. Its still HOT in Vegas and is going to get pretty cold come winter too. Thanks again.
Robert

Hi,

Blower Motor # 024-35603-000 @ $167.16

Run Capacitor # 1499-4471 @ $8.64

Shipping = $8.00

They can be seen and ordered through PayPal from left side of page here:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanGas.html

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?